KU offers a range of scholarships to qualified, new degree seeking students. All scholarships are renewable for up to four years for freshmen and three years for transfer students, provided students maintain a particular GPA at KU. To be considered, you must apply for admission by the relevant deadline with a strong academic and extracurricular portfolio that may include the following:
- Official transcripts from each secondary and post-secondary school attended
- Official SAT or ACT scores
- Official proof of English proficiency--REQUIRED for admission; not always required for scholarship consideration
- Resume or CV describing all your extracurricular activities, leadership, service, and awards.
- Choose three activities from your resume/CV and explain how they have helped you develop leadership skills
- A 500 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Your personal and academic goals and how you hope to achieve them at KU
- Your field of study and specialized interests within this field
- The perspectives you hope to gain in the US and the ways you intend to use what you've learned upon your return to your home country
- A topic of your choice
- Three letters of recommendation
- PTK Scholarship candidates only: proof of PTK membership
Although there are minimum grade point average requirements for each award, the process is competitive, and each scholarship application is reviewed on the strength of all the materials submitted. There is not a GPA or test score threshold that will guarantee a scholarship.