Phi Theta Kappa at KU
Learn About KU
The University of Kansas (KU) is home to over 2,100 international students representing over 100 countries. All eligible Phi Theta Kappa members that transfer to KU can receive a sizeable scholarship and choose from more than 200 degree and certificate programs to complete their undergraduate education. Previously earned credit may be eligible to transfer and counted towards KU degree requirements.
For more information about KU, visit this page.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
This award of approximately $35,466 ($11,822/year) is automatically given to PTK members that transfer to KU from and meet the eligibility requirements below.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To receive the scholarship, you must:
- be a member of Phi Theta Kappa
- have a 3.25 GPA
- submit a complete admission application (by May 1 for fall semesters and Dec. 1 for spring semesters)
- students who start in the summer will receive their scholarship in the fall
- submit an official transcript (by June 30 for summer and fall semesters or by Jan. 6 for spring semesters)
- have completed 24 transferable college credit hours,
- the last 12 credit hours earned by the student must be at a U.S. community college
- not have earned a bachelor's degree previously,
- ask your advisor to submit a PTK Membership Verification Form by July 1
- not have previously attended KU as a degree seeking student
To renew the scholarship, you must complete 30 KU hours each academic year and earn a cumulative 3.25 KU GPA. These scholarships may be renewed for up to three years.