How to Apply
1. FIND A PROGRAM
Search our programs world.ku.edu/academics.
2. LEARN YOUR PROGRAM’S ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Specific requirements depend upon a student’s level (freshman or transfer) and chosen program of study: world.ku.edu/requirements.
If you are undecided on a major, you should apply to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS).
3. COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND PAY THE $85 APPLICATION FEE
You must pay the fee by credit card.
4. SUBMIT ENGLISH PROFICIENCY SCORES
Have the testing agency that administered your English proficiency exam (e.g. Educational Testing Service for TOEFL) send your scores to KU.
For exceptions and more details, read the English requirements: world.ku.edu/english-requirements.
5. SUBMIT ACADEMIC RECORDS
- Have each secondary school (grades 9-12) and post-secondary school (grades 13+) you have attended send official transcripts to KU.
- We must receive your transcripts in the school’s sealed envelope. Transcripts must be presented in the language of instruction with an English translation.
- If you are a current student, you will submit this documentation after graduation and prior to enrollment at KU.
- For requirements particular to your country, visit: world.ku.edu/requirements.
6. SEND PROOF OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
F-1 or J-1 applicants must submit proof of one year’s financial resources.
7. SEND A COPY OF THE BIOGRAPHICAL INFO PAGE OF YOUR PASSPORT
If you are in the US in any status other than F-1 or J-1, please also provide proof of your status.
Transfer students: if you have fewer than 24 hours of credit:
First-year students: some majors require you to submit SAT or ACT scores: