- Provide evidence of high school graduation with a curriculum that would prepare you for university studies in your home country
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- Submit English proficiency test scores (dependent upon score level, scores are used to either determine English proficiency or to estimate students' placement in an appropriate level of ESL courses, as needed)
Additional Application Information
- The University of Kansas charges an $85 international application processing fee. International Admissions cannot waive this fee nor accept the CommonApp fee waiver form.
- View English Requirements
- View Credentials and Requirements by Country for admission to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Additional Required Materials:
If, after high school, there was a period of time longer than 3 months that you were not enrolled in an educational program, you must write a short statement about your activity during that time. If you attended courses of any kind, include that information.
In addition to transcripts or marksheets, you must present an official diploma or graduation certificate, official examination results, or other proof of graduation particular to your country. We use equivalent admission criteria for applicants from all countries. Meeting the minimum grade point average does not guarantee admission.
If you have taken any post-secondary courses, including college, university, or vocational coursework after high school graduation, you are considered a transfer student and must submit academic records from all schools you have attended, including any ESL programs.
- Transfer students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or the equivalent on all transfer coursework.
- If you have fewer than 24 transferable credit hours from college, university, or vocational schools, you must present official high school transcripts, diploma or graduation certificate, official examination results, or other proof of graduation particular to your country.
- We use equivalent admission criteria for applicants from all countries. If you have fewer than 24 credits of transfer coursework and will be submitting high school documentation along with your transfer transcripts, you must also have a minimum high school GPA of 2.5. Meeting the minimum grade point average does not guarantee admission.
- Students on F-1 visas who wish to transfer from a school within the United States to KU should review International Student Services' transfer-in policies.
The University of Kansas charges an $85 international application fee. International Admissions cannot waive the application processing fee nor accept the CommonApp fee waiver form.
Academic Department Requirements
The following schools or academic departments have additional requirements for direct admission as a freshman or transfer student:
- Visual Art
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Design
- School of Business
- School of Engineering
- School of Journalism and Mass Communications
- School of Music
- School of Education
- School of Health Professions
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Social Welfare
Students who do not meet the requirements for direct admission to these schools or departments can be admitted to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences to take prerequisite coursework.