KU International Affairs

How to transfer international credits

If you have completed college or university coursework at an institution outside the USA, and you want your courses evaluated for transfer credit, please review this information. 

We evaluate transcripts for transfer credit only after you have been admitted to KU. You will be notified by e-mail regarding the number of credit hours and courses that have transferred to KU. Please send course syllabi along with your official transcripts, so we can evaluate the course content and determine whether there is an equivalent KU course. 

Course work completed at an accredited* higher education institution may be considered for transfer credit at KU if the following applies: 

  • You took the course at an institution of higher education recognized by the Ministry of Education in that country
  • You took the course at an institution that is technical in nature and viewed as equal to a university by the Ministry of Education in that country
  • You present all official records and documents representing courses completed and grades received. For courses to be evaluated for transfer credit, an official record must be sent directly to KU from each school you have attended. 
  • You arrive at KU prepared to explain and show evidence that courses covered a specific subject area. You should present a catalog, syllabus, or course description that provides clear descriptions of each course you have completed. Some courses may not be recognized as equal to course at KU. Also, once you are on campus, the appropriate academic department may interview you to establish your knowledge of the subject. 
  • You can show the number of weeks, number of days per week, and hours per day that were required to complete the course. 

KU does not provide credential evaluation for non-KU students. 

*Accreditation means that the educational institution is recognized by a US regional accrediting body, such as the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, which accredits KU. International colleges and universities must be officially recognized by the Ministry of Education in their countries for students to receive transfer credit. 

RT @kulawschool : Interested in law school? Join our admissions team on Oct. 19 for an in-person “Why KU Law” Admissions Info Session at Gre…