ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSES
KU's Applied English Center is now offering courses virtually through AEC Online. This allows students to progress through language coursework during restrictions related to COVID-19.
Undergraduate students may be admitted to their chosen academic degree programs prior to meeting minimum university English proficiency requirements. Students who need additional English language support can enroll in either full or part-time AEC coursework, depending on their proficiency level.
AEC English Language Course Options
As students progress through the AEC program, they will transition from English language to academic coursework. By the time students finish English language courses, they are often ready to begin their second year of academic courses.
1. Level 1-5 intensive English courses:
- Courses designed for all levels of proficiency from beginner to advanced
- Students in levels 1-3 will enroll in full-time English language coursework (sample class schedule)
- Students in levels 4-5 will enroll in part-time English/part-time degree coursework (sample class schedule)
- Courses designed to support degree-seeking students who have met minimum university proficiency requirements to further develop their skills.
- Variety of course topics: Grammar, Research Writing, Pronunciation, etc.
AEC Online Support Services
- Virtual Conversation groups with KU peers
- Online activities with International Support Services
- Virtual advising with AEC and academic advisors
- Private online tutorial meetings with AEC instructors